SoundCloud Findings #2 - Alina Baraz & Galimatias
by Manoela Torelly
Reviewed by Ana Carolina Mendes
Alina Baraz, a young singer from Los Angeles, met the Dane electronic producer Galimatias through SoundCloud back in 2013. Initially, she sent him the lyrics to one of his melodies and then they paired up and started working on their first EP, “Urban Flora”. They worked on the EP for six months and didn’t meet in person until February, 2015. The result of this partnership could not have been better: Urban Flora is an eight-track EP full of alluring vibes and ethereal melodies. Alina’s sexy and velvety voice, mixed with Galimatias’ smooth tempos and electronic sounds defines musical chemistry at its best.
I've been madly in love with Urban Flora since the very first time I heard it. I personally find “Unfold” by far its best track:
followed closely by "Maybe":
... and "Can I":
The full EP can be streamed on SoundCloud (all tracks available):

No comments:
Post a Comment